There are lots of animals in need of a forever home at the Prince George Humane Society. Take a look for your future family member and if your interesting in adopting one of or furry friends please come down to the Adoption and Humane Education Center and complete a application. If you wish to meet a particular animals please contact us prior to visiting the center to make sure they are at the location.
Hall of Fame
Check out these pets who have found their Forever Home through the Prince George Humane Society.
- If you're interested in adopting one of our furry friends please come down to the Adoption and Humane Education and complete a application. The application can also be found under the ‘adoptable pets’ link. If you wish to meet a particular animal please contact us prior to visiting the center to make sure they are at the location.
- An Adoption Coordinator will review applications in the order they are received. This does not mean that you will automatically get the animal because you were first. Our goal is to find the most suitable home for every animal in our care based on breed, age, size, temperament, and also applicant’s lifestyle, home environment, sometimes breed experience, and overall suitability.
- Once a suitable application is approved an Adoption Coordinator will call you to discuss the animal. All members of the PG Humane Society are volunteers, sometimes it may take longer than anticipated to contact potential adopters. We appreciate your patience during this process. If you have submitted an application and have not heard from us, this does not mean you are not approved for adoption, it may just mean a more suitable application is being processed for the particular animal you are interested in.
- Once a phone conversation is complete, a home visit can be scheduled. Often the Coordinator will bring the animal with them for the family and other pets to meet. We request that all family members and other pets are present during this meeting.
- We are not trying to be invasive during a home visit, but it is extremely important to us to see where the animal may possibly live, and how both the human family members and other animals will interact.
- If a match is made during a home visit, and dependent on medical status, sometimes we can go ahead and finalize the adoption at that time. All animals that leave our care are vet checked, have 1st vaccine, have been dewormed, are spayed or neutered, and have some form of permanent ID, either a microchip or tattoo.
- At time of the adoption, an Adoption Agreement is signed, the adoption fee is paid, and all medical paperwork along with ID information is transferred to the new owner. All adoptions come with a free physical exam at Prince George Veterinary Hospital and a 30 day free pet insurance trial with Trupanian Pet Insurance (conditions apply).